Thanksgiving truly marks the start of the holiday giving season. It’s critical to the success of most nonprofits to take the time to thank those who continue to support, encourage, and inspire your cause! “Giving thanks” doesn’t have to be restricted to just one day of the year. So, how do you use SMS (text) particularly during the month of November?
- Mobilize your approach – Consider sending out your “thank you” text message during Thanksgiving dinner through mGive’s Message Scheduler. Let supporters know how their past mobile donations have impacted your cause and thank them for contributing. Afterwards, share your goals for next year so they are primed for a 2012 donation ask.
- Share success stories – In order to “show” your gratitude for your supporter’s mobile donations, send a text that includes a link to a success story on your Facebook, blog or website.
- Leverage live events – While celebrating face-to-face with supporters, share year end highlights and thank them for their time, donations and interest. From there, ask supporters to pull out their mobile phones and to opt-in to your mobile community. The next day, send out a text that includes a link to your Facebook or website, showing off photos taken the night before.
- Digitalize your gift – Consider sending a text that includes a link to a customized thank you card that lives on your Facebook, Blog or website. It’s more cost-effective and eco-friendly than a paper letter and stamp and is unique enough to grab the attention of your supporters.
- Poll Supporters – Ask supporters - via mobile polling- who should receive special recognition for their work with the organization. Use that information to highlight those who deserve a special thank you at your year-end gala or event!
Starting December 1st, your nonprofit organization’s client platform will be increased to a total of 50,000 outbound messages for the month of December 2011 only. Your current monthly allocation of outbound messages is previously factored into the 50,000 outbound messages. These messages are our gift to you, without any additional charge to your monthly subscription. The 50,000 total messages won't carry over into 2012, so contact your mGive Account Manager for creative ways to leverage this gift to your organization. Your Account Manager can also review your promotional materials for wireless carrier compliance and walk you through a refresher on how to use the mGive Message Scheduler.
Lauren Brekke is the Marketing Specialist at mGive and Editor of mBlog. Receive her mCard by texting LAUREN to 50555. mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text) technology.
*Free outbound messages do not roll over into 2012.