We received a plethora of feedback from our recent post on the “5 Facts to Empower Your Next Mobile Campaign.” So why not expand the post to other mediums? Let us know what you think by posting a comment below, or hitting us up on twitter: @mGive
This week’s focus involves everyone’s favorite social media bird, Twitter. With that said, enjoy 5 (more) pieces of mobile knowledge to empower your next SMS campaign – whether donation, advocacy or communication-based, via Twitter. And, naturally, all in 140 tweet-friendly characters or less.
1. Ask your followers to subscribe to your mobile List.
Building your mobile community is the first step to a successful mobile campaign. Why not integrate the call-to-action into Twitter? (While you're there, make sure to follow @mGive!)
3. Tweet from your mobile phone.
2. Customize your Twitter background with your organization's KEYWORD & SHORTCODE.Approximately 55% of Twitter users are mobile users. Add your KEYWORD & SHORTCODE to your background; mobile engagement at their fingertips! (Just don't forget your compliance language!)
Mobile engagement provides instant satisfaction. Be your own mobile advocate and tweet live from events or share up-to-minute campaign statutes.
4. Customize your Twitter avatar with Visual.ly
Or create a Twibbon for your campaign. Make sure to drive supporters to your mobile site with an integrated mobile giving call-to-action.
5. Stay hungry, stay foolish.
In the words of Steve Jobs, never stop learning. Your counterparts, whether bigger or smaller than your organization, are great case studies. (New to Twitter? Download HubSpot's ebook, "How to Use Twitter for Business: An Introductory Guide")
Lauren Brekke is the Marketing Specialist at mGive and Editor of mBlog. Receive her mCard by texting LAUREN to 50555. mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text) technology.