The key to mobilizing your holiday giving via SMS is integration. This is also true for your year-round SMS campaigns. Mobile is not an island and certainly does not work as an island. Even the Senior Manager of CRM at Coca-Cola preaches this philosophy. Now that we understand the value of mobile and the importance of integration, let’s take a look at 7 steps to creative execution of mobile holiday giving campaigns.
7 Steps to Creative Holiday Giving Campaigns:
1. Build & Utilize Your Mobile Community: Don’t have a volunteer opt-in list? Build one today by contacting your Account Manager at CS@mGive.com.
2. Integrate Your Call-to-Action: Build your call-to-action into all of your holiday marketing collateral, especially if targeting “digital natives” in the Millennial Generation.
3. Connect With Your Supporters: Consider putting mGive’s mRaiser tool to work to empower volunteers to utilize peer-to-peer mobile fundraising.
4. Promote Non-Monetary Messages: Reduce donation fatigue by sending non-monetary messages, such as updates on how donations have helped a project succeed.
5. Enlist Corporate Partners: Ask your corporate partner to match all holiday funds – this is a great incentive for your supporters to donate.
6. Keep It Fun & Easy: Utilize your mGive tools, such as the Facebook App, Flash Donation widget & QR Code creator to make mobile more enjoyable.
7. Keep It Personal & Relevant: Try sending a message, such as, “Thanks for being a mobile member! Join us on Facebook to share your story or ways you can help."
Starting December 1st, your nonprofit organization’s client platform will be increased to a total of 50,000 outbound messages for the month of December 2011 only. Your current monthly allocation of outbound messages is previously factored into the 50,000 outbound messages. These messages are our gift to you, without any additional charge to your monthly subscription. The 50,000 total messages won't carry over into 2012, so contact your mGive Account Manager for creative ways to leverage this gift to your organization. And seeing that it’s better to mGive than it is to receive, consider signing up for November’s webinars: The mGiving Season (Part 2) & “How to Give (SMS) Thanks.”*According to The Online Giving Study conducted by Network for Good and TrueSense Marketing.
Lauren Brekke is the Marketing Specialist at mGive and Editor of mBlog. Receive her mCard by texting LAUREN to 50555. mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text) technology. You may manage your subscription options from your profile.