This season, mGive is giving our clients the “Gift of Gab” – via mobile of course! All mGive clients will be eligible for the 2011 “Gift of Gab” promotion.Starting December 1st, your nonprofit organization’s client platform will be increased to a total of 50,000 outbound messages for the month of December 2011 only. Your current monthly allocation of outbound messages is previously factored into the 50,000 outbound messages. These messages are our gift to you, without any additional charge to your monthly subscription. The 50,000 total messages won't carry over into 2012, so contact your mGive Account Manager for creative ways to leverage this gift to your organization.
Why free text messages? Because mobile engagement provides a unique way to cut through communication clutter at a "noisy" time of year. Studies have shown that 85% of people read their text messages within 15 minutes of receiving them. And once you’ve reached them via mobile, they’re more likely to open your emails. During the giving season, more than any other time of the year, your nonprofit needs unique and personalized touch points with donors. Another compelling reason to take advantage of the “Gift of Gab” promotion is that 79% of respondents in a recent Text Giving Donor Survey who gave to an organization via text also gave via other channels (email, website or direct mail).
What Should You Do in the Meantime?Build up your mobile database.
- Leverage all opportunities to have supporters opt-in to your mobile database
- Continue to condition your supporters to be accustomed to receiving messages on their phone over time; send compelling non-donation messages to start the giving season conversation
- Prime supporters to be prepared to take action via mobile for when a giving call-to-action is made
- Execute SMS (text) messages on a regular schedule through the mGive Message Scheduler, especially during the “busy” giving season
- Execute SMS (text) messages with a clear intention and to build relationships, especially during the “noisy” giving season
- RSVP for mGive’s client-only webinar series here; we’ll highlight the best ways to creatively executing holiday mobile campaigns. mGive is looking forward to helping you make this the best giving season yet!