As Sir Francis Bacon says, knowledge is power. In that case, we have 5 pieces of mobile knowledge to empower your next SMS campaign – whether donation, advocacy or communication-based. And, all in 160 text-friendly characters or less.
Compliments of the “Text Giving Donor Survey” Report:
- Mobile giving is complementary to alternative giving channels. When giving by mobile, 79% of respondents also said they would give via other giving channels.
- Micro-donations = BIG impact. After giving a small mobile donation, 86% of respondents said they would give bigger donations via other channels.
- Donors prefer to give to multiple organizations. Philanthropy is contagious. 62% of respondents indicated they give to two or more organizations via mobile.
- Texting is an open invitation to communication. 34% of respondents would like to receive multiple text messages a month from organizations of their choosing.
- Mobile is attractive – plain and simple. Donors enjoy mobile campaigns because they’re intimate, immediate and convenient.
Lauren Brekke is the Marketing Specialist at mGive and Editor of mBlog. Receive her mCard by texting LAUREN to 50555. mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text) technology. Next in our series, “The Mobilizers,” we meet Associate Campaign Manager, Conor Murphy, whose love for music rivals his passion for advocacy.