After recovering from food, friends and family this past Thanksgiving weekend, many folks are looking forward to December’s holidays. At mGive, we are too. Integrating mobile in your year-end communication strategy is key.
Just don’t fall victim to the following mobile campaign faux-pas:
- Utilizing paper forms and not mobile polling to poll employees about year-end activities or to nominate a colleague who deserves special recognition.
- Forgetting to leverage mGive’s “Gift of Gab*” where you can thank your supporters via SMS for their time, energy and loyalty during 2011.
- Mis-scheduling your donation reminder to supporters for January 31st and not for December 31st, the last day of the 2011 tax year.
- Missing the opportunity to test your mobile knowledge with December 14th’s webinar, “How to be an effective mobile communicator.”
- Forgetting to contact your Account Manager at CS@mGive.com for more creative ways to integrate mobile into your 2012 communications strategy.
Lauren Brekke is the Marketing Specialist at mGive and Editor of mBlog. Receive her mCard by texting LAUREN to 50555. mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text) technology.
*Starting December 1st, your nonprofit organization’s client platform will be increased to a total of 50,000 outbound messages for the month of December 2011 only. Your current monthly allocation of outbound messages is previously factored into the 50,000 outbound messages. These messages are our gift to you, without any additional charge to your monthly subscription. The 50,000 total messages won't carry over into 2012, so contact your mGive Account Manager for creative ways to leverage this gift to your organization.