Your Latest mSpiration- Quick mobile ideas to mSpire your nonprofit organization to change the world one text at a time.
Our 2013 Text Donation Study found that more and more donors are hearing about text campaigns via social media. The percentage of respondents who had heard about text-to-donate campaigns by social media jumped six points, second only to TV and radio.
Some ways to use social media in your text donation campaigns include:
- Engage your social media supporters by sharing your call-to-action. Make it compelling and give them a reason to pull out their phone and make a donation.
- Use mGive’s Facebook Donation App to encourage supporters to initiate text donations right from your organization’s Facebook page.
- Collect mobile numbers on all of your online web forms. Use social media to promote those pages.
- Use social media to tell your story: successes, challenges and reminds them how their donations help.
- Use tools like mGive’s Social Share to allow friends to post their donations on Facebook and Twitter, encouraging friends to donate and driving P2P fundraising.
- Share links to your YouTube, Vine or Instagram videos on all your organization’s social media channels. Add a call-to-action when you share it, to leverage a viewer’s immediate response to get involved and make a donation with their phone.
- Create micro-campaigns around awareness days, awareness months or important dates for your organization.
Your nonprofit is going mobile-just in the nick of time! But how do you make mobile work, while becoming your organization's mobile rock star? On our new blog series we will be posting innovative, creative and downright awesome ways that mobile is being used so you can go turn those bystanders into supporters-in 160 characters or less!
Want to be in-the-know every time we post a new mSpiration? Text VIP to 50555 to join the mSpirations mobile community, then follow the link to complete your profile and stay up-to-date whenever a new mSpiring tidbit is posted.