Last year a movement was started. It followed Black Friday and Cyber Monday; it was a day to re-focus on what is truly important about the holidays, and kick off the giving season.
This year #GivingTuesday brought together 10,000 partner organizations in all 50 states and around the world on the ‘opening day’ of the giving season for 2013.
Throughout the day our staff shared their #UNselfie photos in support of the #GivingTuesday movement. To see them all check out our Twitter feed.
Here are a few quick facts about how text donations through mGive helped good go viral for #GivingTuesday this year:
- More than 100 of our nonprofit clients participated this year.
- The mGive Foundation participated in the spirit of giving by sponsoring 20 nonprofit organizations for text campaigns on #GivingTuesday.
- 6,136 people donated through text.
- We saw a 53% jump in text donations this year compared to last year.
- In total mGive and The mGive Foundation raised $85,455.
Don’t forget: This was just the kick-off to the giving season. Remember to thank your donors for supporting you, and continue to share stories of how their support is making a difference.
With the end of the year right around the corner, don’t forget to check in with your account managers to finish the year off right. Don’t have a mobile campaign started? Register for our webinar next week: 5 Steps to Successfully Launch Your Mobile Initiative.