There are several organizations that have implemented mobile giving in order to collect immediate donations for relief. The American Red Cross efforts went viral almost immediately and “Text REDCROSS” was a trending topic the whole day after the initial quake/tsunami. In addition to the many celebrities and organizations helping get the word out on The American Red Cross mobile call to action via outlets like Twitter and Facebook, American Idol also showed its philanthropic side by making the performances from last night’s program downloadable on iTunes, with a portion of the proceeds going to The American Red Cross. But that is not all; mGive, in working with The American Red Cross and Fox’s American Idol, is happy to announce that on tonight’s live telecast at 8/7c , viewers will also be informed and encouraged to text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10.
mGive is honored to partner with so many wonderful organizations working to bring hope and relief to those affected by this disaster. Please see below for a list of Japan-related campaigns.
- The American Red Cross: Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10.
- Convoy of Hope: Text TSUNAMI to 50555 to give $10.
- Feed My Starving Children: MANNA to 50555 to give $10.
- GlobalGiving: Text JAPAN to 50555 to give $10.
- Operation Blessing: Text BLESS to 50555 to give $10.
- Project Hope: Text HEALTH to 90999 to give $10.
- United Way Worldwide: Text JAPAN to 864833 to give $10.
- Volunteers of America Southeast: Text VOA to 27722 to give $10.
- World ReliefCorp of National Association of Evangelicals: Text WAVE to 50555 to give $10.