Shortly after the disaster struck, mGive was contacted by several of our nonprofit clients to run mobile donation campaigns for their relief efforts. Having worked with the American Red Cross on its relief efforts for the 2010 Haiti disaster that raised more than $32 million in $10 mobile donations, mGive has a standard protocol for disaster relief campaigns and this made it easy for the participating organizations to get their campaigns up and running immediately.
Donation totals have been rising steadily since the mobile campaigns went viral around 9am EST this morning. But more still needs to be done. Your mobile donation can make an immediate impact on the unrest in Japan by helping relief organizations find the missing and repair the destroyed. Please see below for a list of participating nonprofits and their respective campaigns and join in the effort by making a donation. When prompted, please remember to reply with YES to confirm your one-time, tax-deductible mobile donation. This donation will appear on your next mobile phone bill. Message and Data Rates May Apply.
- The American Red Cross: Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10.
- Convoy of Hope: Text TSUNAMI to 50555 to give $10.
- Feed My Starving Children: MANNA to 50555 to give $10.
- GlobalGiving: Text JAPAN to 50555 to give $10.
- Operation Blessing: Text BLESS to 50555 to give $10.
- Project Hope: Text HEALTH to 90999 to give $10.
- United Way Worldwide: Text JAPAN to 864833 to give $10.
- Volunteers of America Southeast: Text VOA to 27722 to give $10.
- World ReliefCorp of National Association of Evangelicals: Text WAVE to 50555 to give $10.