Dr. Ruth, Dr. Phil and Oprah have it right: a successful relationship requires clear, effective and responsive communication. That’s true between two people, and it is certainly true when it comes to the relationships involved in cause marketing.
Cause marketing grows out of the relationships between nonprofits, corporations and their various stakeholders. Communication provides the path to successful, win-win outcomes for all partners. And mobile communication in particular can strengthen those relationships and help you realize the full power of cause marketing.
Here are just some of the ways mobile communication can strengthen your cause marketing relationships and programs:
Empowers visibility and engagement in a multi-screen world
- Text provides easy access to participation while making campaigns more relevant to mobile supporters
- Cell phone penetration in the U.S. is greater than 100 percent
- By 2014, mobile internet is predicted to take over desktop internet usage (source: Microsoft Tag, 2012)
Increases message credibility
- Consumers get the engagement level they want, in the way they want it
- Supporters must provide permission to be messaged through text
- Text donors like to give through their mobile device because it is easy, convenient and allows them to retain control
Provides a heightened level of supporter engagement
- Mobile is one of the preferred methods of giving. The top three ways donors reported they like to give were 1) online, 2) mobile, and; 3) special events
- Americans keep their phones within arms reach 19 hours per day and 85 percent of text messages are read within 15 minutes of receipt.
Increases the efficiency of marketing dollars spent
- Mobile is more cost-effective than direct mail, building a website, telemarketing, staging live events and other traditional forms of fundraising.
- Mobile can integrate and support multiple channels at the same time, including email, website, social media and apps.
Enables measurement and listening abilities for all partners
- Mobile provides a quick conduit for feedback through polling as well as providing easy methods for sharing photos, comments or thoughts.
Mobile communication is essential to building winning cause marketing relationships and outcomes. A cause-marketing program without effective mobile communication is like going to the top floor of the Sears (Willis) Tower – by climbing the stairs. You might make it to the top, but it will be a long, difficult slow climb. Mobile communication, like the elevator to the Observation Deck of the Sears Tower, can easily lift your cause marketing to new heights – without causing you to break a sweat.
Look for the mGive team at the Cause Marketing Forum in Chicago to discuss ways in which mobile communication can strengthen your cause marketing relationships. Or contact the mGive team to set an appointment while we are there by emailing Cassie Bair, VP of Marketing.
Cassie Bair is the VP of Marketing at Mobile Accord. Cassie has worked with many U.S. nonprofits leading marketing, strategic partnership, mobile and cause marketing initiatives. mGive, a Mobile Accord service, educates, engages and empowers nonprofits and their stakeholders through our groundbreaking utilization of SMS (text message) technology. Contact Cassie by texting CASSIE to 50555. Message and Data rates may apply.